Sunday 26 May 2013

Futuristic finds in Monki and Primarni

I made the most of the bank holiday weekend by spending it in London on a shopping trip with friends. On Friday we went to Westfield, a huge indoor shopping centre with three levels of shops and on Saturday we hit Oxford Circus which turned out to be not the brightest idea as bank holidays always mean thousands of eager shoppers! 
I won't show you everything that I bought but I would like to share my two favourite finds from the shopping trip, an amazing pair of sunglasses from Monki and a pair of jelly-style flip flops from Primark. 


I went to Monki on Carnaby Street. It's such a quirky shop that I only discovered in recent months. I adore the deco inside and the fashion is so on trend and it is surprisingly affordable for the quality! I have an extensive collection of sunglasses already but I don't have any round framed pairs so I picked up this pair for 8 pounds-such a steal. I love the balance between the silver and the black, they are so futuristic looking and remind me of something that Willy Wonka would look. Clearly there is nothing I want more in life than to look like a cheap, female Willy Wonka so picking these up was a no-brainer. This particular pair of sunglasses are not available on the website but you can browse similar pairs here: http://www.monki.com/Shop/Sunglasses


I went to the Marble Arch Primark which is just ridiculously big. I'm not a huge Primark fan if i'm being honest because the quality is often kind of shoddy and it's so difficult to pick up something in my size without having to search through mountains of clothes that have been put on the wrong hangers. So much drama-i'd rather spend the extra money on Topshop clothing but I guess that's a bit stupid of me as I am living on a budget as most 2 year olds are! I've been pleasantly surprised by the range of Summer clothes they stock at the moment-less tacky, flourescent colours than normal. Actually, come to think of it I have picked up a fair few crop tops in Primark lately. And some fantastic palazzo pants. Who am I kidding, I guess lately i've been a fan. Back to my amazing purchase! Jelly shoes are very 'in' at the moment and I actually do adore them but every Tom, Dick and Harry is now wearing them with frilly socks which is a bit of a bummer as I over-wear frilly socks all of the time too. Le sigh. I decided to stray away from the typical jelly shoe and find something a little different. These absolute BEAUTIES are 5 pounds and are available in white and in nude too. Admittedly they're not very comfortable and will be impossible to drive in as the jelly material makes them very slippy. For 5 pounds though I don't think I can complain, I mean just look how cute! As they are black I will be able to team them with anything really but I plan on wearing them with leggings or a maxi skirt. 


What bargains have you picked up this Spring/Summer? Thanks for reading! 

Laura xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment